Planning a New Development?
Welcome, we look forward to working with you! First Utility District regulates and monitors the installation of all new water and wastewater lines within the First Utility District boundaries. Our engineers will work with you to make sure your project has the necessary water supply and sewer capabilities. We strive to make our process for approving new service as streamlined as possible. Please Note: Sewer Capacity Reservation Fees will go into effect for all basins July 1, 2021. The Sewer Capacity Reservation Fee will ensure adequate capacity for most residential and commercial developments. Involving us at the beginning of your project can help you avoid unnecessary delays later.
The Process for New Service to Development(s)
The first step in our process is to complete the Service Availability Request. Once you have submitted that form, we will contact you regarding whether we can service your new development. After you receive confirmation of our ability to service your development, you can submit plans through our Plan Submittal page.
You can find the necessary forms for your submittal in our Developer’s Packet as well as details pertaining to First Utility District’s process for approving new developments.
The Developer’s Packet also houses the following information:
- Service Availability Request Form
- Agreement for Proposed Development
- Development Process Flow Chart
- Design Criteria: Water, Gravity Sewer, Low Pressure Sewer
- Easement Requirements
- Standard Specifications & Details for Water Distribution
- Standard Specifications & Details for Wastewater Collection
- Sewer Use Policy
- Fats Oils and Grease Management Policy
- Cross Connection Control Policy
We look forward to working with you!